Planning for 21 Feb 2020 mtg: How does our waste disposal work?

I agree with a lot of what you are saying here, Nic. Awkward to have without Troy, might be the “right” thing to do, I would be unlikely to attend on a weekday.

I do think, however, we will be able to get quite a few folks to show up, audience-wise. There are already a group of folks who have RSVPed yes and I haven’t even reached out to businesses, other special invites, and OOS interns. I have confidence we will be able to get a group there.

I also think that if it is just our general “core” group who attends that it will be OK. We are framing it as a meeting and not a presentation so the panel:audience ratio does not seem like as big of a concern.

If we do decide to change the date I think folks invited will understand if we state its because Troy can’t be there. I also assume (but could be completely wrong) that if Troy will be gone for a wedding, other members of his family (and business) will be gone too.

As a general poll, what do folks think we should do, feel free to vote for more than one.

• Do not change meeting
  • Change meeting to a different weekend
  • Change meeting to a different week day

0 voters

If you have other thoughts, please share. I appreciate everyone’s input!

1 Like

Friends,

I sent an email back suggesting the weekend of the 15th. There are more conflicts so I am starting to think a weekday might be the best bet.

For me personally 8:00AM to 9:30AM or 3:30PM to 4:00PM on Friday Jan 31st works as well as 8:00AM to 9:30AM on Feb 21st would work. Which of these three dates/times would work for y’all?

I am hoping to respond to them as soon as I can and then let the others know. Please let me know your thoughts in the poll below by selecting all of the dates/times you would be able to attend the meeting.

• 1/31/20 - 8:00AM to 9:30AM
  • 1/31/20 - 3:00PM to 4:30 PM
  • 2/21/20 - 8:00AM to 9:30AM

0 voters

@Nic_McPhee @Susan_Gilbert @Nec @CKA @rjohnson @rd_denton @srosemark @Athena @EmilyB @Brenna @erik @Heather

I think I have a preference for 21st Feb versus 31st Jan as it would give us a little more time to get organized.

1 Like

I would come to the first half of either 8 AM meetings! So please don’t give my vote too much weight, I guess.

ETA: Also, I would make a different weekend work if you come back to that.

1 Like

I agree that I can make it to all of them, I would just prefer to go to the afternoon time. I also second that it would be easier to make it later so we have more time to plan/reach out to people to attend.

1 Like

UPDATE:

The meeting time has changed to Feb 21st from 8:00AM to 9:30AM. That is Troy & Bill’s preferred time!

Because it will be earlier in the morning, we won’t be able to host it in the Library because they open at 10AM.

I have called City Hall and they said we can use the Council Chambers in the Senior Center for FREE on that day! Hooray!

I am going to send an email to our guests and let them know that the time/date/location has changed.

We can then move back the RSVP date and maybe give follow-up calls next week. Please let me know if you have thoughts/questions. There is a lot of email back & forth happening right now and I don’t want to miss/forget anything!

I am also thinking it might be helpful to still have our Feb 1st meeting as a group to continue to solidify what we want to ask of these folks and how we want to structure the meeting. I will send out an email to the whole climate group to pick up on thoughts. Let me know yours!

THANK YOU FRIENDS

3 Likes

FRIENDS

I am just sending out another reminder about the Community Connection we are still on for this Thursday at 8:30AM.

@Margaret_K has volunteered to join me that morning but I would be super willing to include others if they would like to come and speak about why they joined our group and what we will be talking about on the 21st.

Let me know if you are interested!

I’ll be there, though a month in advance seems kind of early to publicize the event on the radio. We’ll need to make sure to have a way for interested folks to get connected in the meantime.

Syd, do you want to get together for a short messaging meeting beforehand? Maybe 8am that morning?

1 Like

I think we can talk broadly about what the group has been up to, invite folks to our meeting on this Saturday, and then tell them to be on the lookout for our event later in Feb. While we are there we can also ask Marshall if there are any open times the week of the event.

@Margaret_K I would love to meet beforehand. We could meet at Common Cup and then head over together!