Local Food Resources

Please edit this wiki and share your local food resources here.

After much consideration we have decided that we are going to scale down by half (hopefully) and focus on feeding our local community. Our plan for this year is to take a hiatus from all of our metro drop-sites and slightly expand our presence, here, in Western Minnesota. This is probably a little crazy, economically, but we think that it will be fun to have the space and time to get creative, again, and I think that we can make it work! I also think that it makes it VERY likely that this will be a GREAT year for those of you who will be members in the Montevideo, Morris, Marshall, Milan, and Willmar areas. We are also hoping to add pick up sites in both Granite Falls AND Spicer/New London… though we will need a little help getting this off the ground!

Nic and I continue to recommend signing up for an EasyBean Farm share/halfshare. Every week is like Christmas as you open your box of veggies and discover the deliciousness inside! There is a 5% discount code for early signup ( Spring21) but I’m not sure how much longer it will last. Check out the link above for all the details about the farm and how this CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) works. @Susan_Gilbert

• Pomme De Terre Food Coop They have many local food products including fabulous fresh eggs and a variety of meats. You can see a full listing on their web page. Please consider becoming a member to help keep more environmentally conscious food stuffs available in our community.

The coop also has a Facebook page which looks like it is updated more frequently. It’s easily found by searching.

Article about the local evolving food network April 2023 The Real Food Hub mentioned in the article describes itself as:

Year round - weekly delivery subscription service providing certified organic vegetables & fruit to homes throughout Central Minnesota.
Real Food Hub is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping local growers succeed by helping people stay safe, healthy, & eat local!>

Nic and I signed up to the Real Food Hub about a year ago and have been very happy with that decision. Receiving fruit as well as vegetables has been a big win and the bag is delivered to our home every week. If you’re away for a while you can pause delivery. Check out The Real Food Hub web page for all the details.

I concur! A great way to support a local farm family and eat your veggies!

1 Like