Morris hosting a Greencorps member 2021-2022 to work on organics management program

I’m excited to announce that the city’s application for a Greencorps member to serve in the community from September 2021 - August 2022 has been accepted! The position will work with me (in our growing Office of Sustainability!) in coordinating with the county, Pope-Douglas Solid Waste Management, and Engebretsons Disposal to set up an organics collection program for the city and county. It is a fantastic opportunity for someone to get in on the ground floor of a brand new initiative for the region, building on the success of the University in starting a pilot program for composting/organics management. It’s a 40 hr/wk position, that will include a lot of community outreach and engagement work to spread awareness and encourage participation in the program from businesses and residents.

The application period is now open for potential applicants for the Greencorps 2021-22 service year, if you are interested - or know of anybody from the area who would be a good fit - now is the time to either let them know or visit www.pca.state.mn.us/mngreencorps yourself for application information and materials. The deadline is June 15.

We as the host site cannot assist in the selection process for new members, or choose from the pool of accepted members unfortunately. We can, however, provide letters of recommendation that carry a lot of weight with the MPCA selection committee, and I would love to see this opportunity go to someone in the community who has an existing interest in helping with this work.

If you have any questions please reach out, thanks!

Chris

1 Like