Prairie Seed Harvest!

I reached out to the Fish and Wildlife Services and asked them if we could organize a seed harvest. After finally finding the correct email for Sara Vacek, she responded and said it is very difficult to arrange another event, but they are holding a few different seed harvests this fall!

The first one on September 26th is already full, but they would love volunteers for October 3rd and October 10th, both Saturdays from 10AM-3PM. Registration is appreciated!

Here is the link to a flyer that she emailed to me, if you’re having trouble viewing it please let me know!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e9pP8rBdXw2ky2F00Qy5VmJSSv9yzBOT/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

I think you may need to be logged into google to see the poster. I’ll try again later to see if it’s something about my computer it didn’t like!

I added it as a photo if it continues to give you issues!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this! I’ve added the October dates to my calendar.

1 Like

@nomuzz thanks for getting this information!

I would be super interested in going on the 3rd if we wanted to gather a group of folks!

Update on attendance: I would strongly recommend RSVPing. There is a limit of 50 people and the Office of Community Engagement is planning to bring students out on the 3rd, so I am not fully sure on what the numbers will be, and there are about 25 slots left on the 10th. I highly doubt that if there are 52 people that you will get sent away, but since I am helping in organizing the Seed Harvest led by the OCE, I will keep you up to date on the number of students who are planning on going.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this!

Update on student attendance for October 3rd: It seems like we are probably going to have less than 20 students, so I highly encourage all of you to bring your friends, your brother, your kids, your kids’ friends, your brother’s friend’s kids because there will most likely be space for all of you and it is going to be a really fun time! I do still recommend RSVPing with Sara Vacek (if you don’t you can still come, but it will make her life easier to know how many people will be there), and it is going to be some really awesome days to be out and actively doing a thing to help the prairie!