Rural Morris is Innovative & Unique (Andrew B. - 14 Jan '20)

I grew up in rural Minnesota and when I arrived in Morris just over four years ago, I assumed I knew exactly what life in Morris would be like. Now that I have graduated from UMN Morris, I can assure you I was wrong on every assumption I had upon arrival. Morris is not just another small town. The community here is special, it is unique, and it is a shining example of how community organizing can create real change and help keep communities like ours on the path towards success.

I am incredibly grateful for the people I have met while living here, and it has been inspiring to see the progress our community has made in recent years. The growing support for initiatives, such as the Morris Model, will help our community thrive in the face of 21st-century challenges. This is a direct result of community members rallying together and making change happen. I have no doubt that Morris will continue to grow and find new and innovative ways to face these challenges. The future of Morris, MN is a bright one because of each and every person who lives here.

It is hard to leave the place that has been my home for the last 4 years and has taught me so much about what it means to be a member of a community. I cannot wait to return someday to see everything that this community has accomplished.

Andrew Brichacek

1 Like