Sign Making Cheat Sheet
Thanks for voicing your interest in making a West Central MN Climate Network sign! This sheet tells you more about the sign making goals and has instructions on how to get your sign sealed so it won’t fade/wear away.
- Design your sign: This can be with any climate related message you feel connected to! We recommend using sharpies/markers to write on them, but if you have other media in your mind – go right ahead! We ask that you do not write a specific candidate name on your sign, but rather focus on the issue/stance that is important to you. If you choose to highlight another movement/organization we ask that you include their website/info on the sign because we do not want to take credit for their important work (ex: Stop Line 3, www.stopline3.org)
Your sign DOES NOT have to have words on it, but if you choose that route here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- “Vote Climate”
- “Divest from Fossil Fuels”
- “100% Renewable Energy Now”
- “We only have one home - treat it with respect”
- “Respect your mother, be kind to the Earth”
- “Vote to protect our environment”
- “Life on Earth - what a wonderful world!”
- “Water is Life” - make sure to give credit/reference to Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
- “The nature of our future depends on the future of nature”
- “Extreme weather is climate change”
- “There is no Planet B”
- “I’m a huge fan of renewables” (with image of turbine)
- How does climate change relate to your faith/religion?
- One of the Morris Model goals- www.morrismodel.org/morris-goals
- How will climate change impact your future?
- What climate policies do you stand for?
- What climate goals/actions do you want your government/organizations to take?
- Post your sign in your yard/window by the first week of October (Oct 7th) & take a picture of it!
- Also by Oct 7th, share that picture on social media with (1) why the message/art you put on your sign is important to you (2) using the hashtags #WCMNCN and #ClimateNetwork
- Text/email Syd at 651-395-0832 or email@example.com to let her know your sign is up. She will then come by and spray it down with a sealant so it is less likely to fade/wear away.
- Brag about your cool sign!