This is the official post where I will tag and link any pertinent information to the Organics Kickoff Event.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT MEETINGS:
- Final Kickoff Planning Meeting
Zoom Info: Syd Bauer is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Meeting ID: 819 3257 7046
Next Steps & To Do’s:
- Continue reaching out to do advertising (community connection, newspaper, signs around town)
Pertinent Meeting Notes:
July Meeting Notes - Where we first had some bigger discussion about what this event could be and how we should go about starting to plan it.
Nathan, Bill, Troy Meeting Notes - Initial meetings we had with this crew surrounding the organics facility and the organics program.
August Meeting Notes - Discussion on the schedule for the event
2nd Full Group Organics Kickoff Planning Notes - Discussion on final promotion steps and finalizing the event schedule
Current Event Schedule
Friday October 8th @ 10AM in Eastside Park (Community Center is reserved as a cold brr location)
- 10:00AM - 10:10AM – Settle in, sign in, and Syd welcomes/intros
- 10:10 - 10:30 – Nathan to give a presentation on the Glacial Ridge Compost Facility & an overview of the current Organics Recycling program in Pope/Douglas
- People want to know the system (facility) and the system (what is already in place, successes/struggles) and the system (educational materials & resources available)
- 10:30 - 10:50 – Folks split up into two groups to have conversation and ask questions. The two groups are (A) Individuals who want to Organics Recycle at their households and (B) Folks who want to Organics Recycle at their institution/restaurant/church/larger producer facility.
- Group A: Representatives from the WCMNCN will help facilitate a conversation around household participation in the Organics Program. Folks will ask & answer questions, brainstorm ideas for community drop sites, and come up with ways to engage more members of the community in the program. This will be a time to give out important information regarding household participation in the system, and invite people to come up with problems and solutions they see within the system.
- Group B: We will invite Troy Engebretson & Bill Kleindl & Nathan Reinbold to sit with group B and answer questions and give instructions on who to contact and what first steps they should take in order to make institutional Organics Recycling a reality for them. This could be a time for Troy & Bill to share important need to know information with this group, a time to let folks ask questions (both directions), and a time to brainstorm as a collective whole some concerns and solutions regarding the program.
- 10:50 - 11:00 – Closing time, thanking folks for attending, making sure everyone had a chance to sign in, allowing folks to stay around and continue to chat/ask questions.
Hooray it really feels like this event is coming together! Also hooray for early planning!